It is as important to pick the right Personal Trainer, as it is to pick the right Doctor, Hairdresser, Beauty Therapist or Masseuse. You need to feel as comfortable as you would be discussing personal information with your doctor. In other words you need to be open and honest.
Most Personal Trainers want to help you achieve your fitness goals. So when you are Ready, Willing and Able to commit to your fitness program there are a few questions that you should ask yourself before you commit to a Personal Trainer.
1. Do they have your best interests at heart?
2. Will they motivate and inspire you to reach your goals?
3. Will they push you harder than you would yourself during a training session?
4. Do you look forward to seeing them, or always eager to get to the session?
5. Do you trust and respect her/him?
6. Do they make you feel good, encourage and support you?
7. Can you be honest with him/her?
8. Can you be yourself when you are with him/her?
9. Do they have measures in place to show your progress?
If you have answered No to most of these questions then you need to reevaluate your current relationship with your Personal trainer.
If you have said Yes to all or most then you are on the right track.
If the questions have initiated the need for more information or questions, then now is the perfect time for you to be upfront and discuss these with your trainer.
If you are committed in achieving the best outcome for you and will you will build a good, solid trusting relationship with your trainer.